Grewia Asiatica – also referred to as Pharwa or Phalsa- is mostly cultivated in Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Thailand, and now Australia has joined the bandwagon too. We can enjoy the sweet and sour taste of this tiny fruit in summers only.
The reddish purple shade of Falsa makes it appear quite similar to blueberries. But it is not. Don’t mistake it for an ordinary fruit by its diminutive size; it is loaded with Potassium, Vitamin C, Calcium, Phosphorous and Fiber. Even its seeds are beneficial as they contain palmitic, stearic, oleic and lineolic acids. So, think a couple of times before throwing them out next time. It has significant antioxidant properties as well.
We often neglect the benefits Falsa has in store for us, but being ignorant won’t do us any good. It is vital for us to be aware of what we are eating and for what purpose. This article outlines all the plus points of Falsa so continue reading.
Health Benefits of Falsa:
- Fulfills excessive thirst in summers and cures hot weather problems
- Cures inflammation, fever, respiratory problems, coughs, colds, asthma, and sore throat
- Treats blood disorder and also aids blood purification
- Heals urinary problems, such as burning sensation
- Cures digestive problems, such as indigestion, and also scrapes acidity
- Regulates liver swelling, blood pressure and cholesterol level
- Its seeds are consumed in the treatment of fertility problems and helps in balancing hormone level
- Provides protection against various heart diseases, sunstroke and alleviates anemia
Recipe for Grewia Asiatica (Falsa) Juice:
- ½ Kg Grewia fruit
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon rock salt
- Ice cubes (as per your requirement)
- Soak Grewia in water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain it, and then rinse it again with clean water.
- Pour this Grewia in a blender and add 1 liter water, sugar and rock salt in it.
- Blend the mixture until it takes up a thick, liquid form.
- You can then strain this blended fruit (I don’t like to strain. Instead, I like to enjoy the pulp in my drink)
- Also, if you find the mixture more thick, then add required amount of water in it.
- Add ice cubes in it. Serve this drink chilled to enjoy its refreshing taste!
Have you ever had the chance to drink Grewia juice? If yes, then don’t forget to share your valued thoughts concerning the subject in the comment box provided below.