Kidney Stone is a dreadful health condition. It can cause severe pain to the patient. Improper diet, not staying hydrated, etc are a few reasons due to which the number of sufferers having kidney stone is increasing with each passing day. But, it is not necessary that one needs to undergo scissors to get the stones removed. There are several home remedies that help in the complete removal of kidney stones. If you swear by the following home remedies for kidney stones, you will see noticeable results.
Here, we present to you the best home remedies for kidney stones:
Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil
Lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil come together to form the best home remedy for kidney stones. This remedy is one of the easiest and most effective home remedies. This remedy removes the kidney stones completely and also, works on the severe pain they cause. To get rid of the kidney stones, you just need to follow the step by step process mentioned here:
- When you experience the first symptom of kidney stone pain, take 2 oz of olive oil and 2 oz of lemon juice.
- Mix both of them well.
- Drink this mix followed by purified water (12-ounce glass of water).
- Wait for half an hour.
- After half an hour, take a glass of purified water (12 ounces) and squeeze in it the juice of a half lemon.
- Add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar. Mix well and drink it.
- Repeat this remedy every hour until the symptoms of pain improve.
You have always heard how pomegranate juice is quite beneficial for health. Pomegranate is loaded with many essential nutrients as well as micronutrients that help in optimizing the health. It is very effective in treating kidney stones. The property of pomegranate to treat kidney stones is attributed to the astringent properties and sourness of pomegranate. These properties help in resolving kidney stones. To follow this remedy:
- Take organic pomegranate.
- Deseed the pomegranate and eat the fresh seeds.
- You can also squeeze the juice out of the pomegranate and have fresh juice to resolve kidney stones.
Basil leaves of Tulsi do not need any introduction. Basil leaves are very beneficial for health and are being used for ages. They are also very beneficial for overall kidney health. They help in toning the kidneys. To use basil leaves for treating kidney stones, you need to:
- Take some basil leaves.
- Extract the juice from the basil leaves.
- Take a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix a teaspoon of basil leaves with a teaspoon of honey.
- Take it regularly in the morning. Take this remedy regularly for six months for best results.
- Chewing 2 to 3 basil leaves regularly also helps in removing kidney stones.
- You can also make basil tea and have it throughout the day to improve the overall health of kidneys.
Uva Ursi is one of the most effective and common home remedy used to treat kidney stones. This remedy is very helpful for the people who are combating the intense pain that kidney stones cause. It helps in warding off the infection from kidneys and pacifying the pain. It also helps in complete cleansing of the urinary tract. For the removal of kidney stones, you need to:
- Take 500 mg Uva Ursi three times in a day.
Kidney beans are also one of the very effective and helpful remedies in the removal of kidney stones. These beans can also be used in treating any other type of bladder problem.
Generally, the pods of kidney beans are used as medicinal tonic. This tonic is very effective in optimizing kidneys. To use kidney beans for the treatment of kidney stones:
- Remove seeds from pods.
- Slice the pods.
- Take water and add the pods into water.
- Bring the water to boil for an hour on low flame. The pods should become tender and soft.
- Strain the water.
- Let it cool down to the room temperature.
- Drink this water throughout the day for relief from the kidney stones. This remedy is very helpful in relieving the pain caused by kidney stones.
Watermelon is no less than bliss if you want to treat kidney stones. This is a well-known fact that watermelon has a high content of water as well as potassium content. The high content of water and potassium help in regulating as well as maintaining the acid levels in urine. Taking watermelon flushes out kidney stones from the kidney.
- Eat freshly sliced watermelon.
- Put watermelon slices in a mixer and blend. Drink the fresh watermelon juice to flush out the stones.
Celery is also a very beneficial home remedy if you want to get rid of the painful kidney stones. Celery works as a kidney tonic and promotes urine. You can take celery as a preventive measure for the formation of kidney stones.
- Take celery in the form of vegetable.
- You can also use celery seeds. You can take them in the form of spice. Or, you can also use them in tea.
Whole Wheat Bread
Whole wheat bread is loaded with essential nutrients, proteins, and fiber. It is also a rich source of magnesium. Whole wheat bread helps in cutting down the susceptibility of kidney stones.
- All you need to do is to eat 2 to 3 slices of whole wheat bread regularly.
The organic dandelion root works wonder in the removal of kidney stones. It helps in cleansing of kidneys. It is also a great tonic for kidneys.
- Take 500 mg of dandelion roots twice regularly.
Figs are also very helpful in treating kidney stones. They help to dissolve the kidney stones. All you need to do is:
- Take a cup of water and two figs.
- Boil these two figs in this water.
- Drink it first thing in the morning regularly in treating kidney stones.
Tomato juice helps in dissolving kidney stones. It helps in the dissociation of the mineral salts that deposit in the kidney.
Take some tomatoes.
- Squeeze the juice out of them.
- Season this juice with a pinch of salt and some pepper.
- Take this fresh juice every morning.
Coke and Asparagus
This is an awesome remedy for treating kidney stones. Have coke and asparagus and say goodbye to kidney stones. The phosphoric acid present in coke helps to in dissociation of kidney stones. Talking about asparagus, it is a diuretic. Taking coke along with asparagus does not dehydrate you completely. Together, they form the best combination to dissolve kidney stones. To follow this remedy:
Drink coke in large quantity.
Take steamed asparagus, about half a pound and puree it. Now, take the pureed asparagus directly after having a coke.
Kidney stones are very common. They are also one of the most painful and disturbing disorders. Kidney stones are basically solid masses that are formed by deposition of mineral salts. These mineral salts generally get filtered in the kidney and go out of the body via urine. But, sometimes these salts do not get dissolved and pass out of the urine. They form crystals or stones and clog renal ducts. Sometimes they block ureter leading to sharp shooting pain.
Kidney stones can lead to very severe consequences. Sometimes, they might lead to renal failure if not treated on time.
Kidney stones can occur due to many reasons like due to any longstanding kidney disease, UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), due to dehydration, vitamin D overdose, gout, mineral imbalance, faulty diet, et al.
If you suffer from kidney stones, you just need to keep a few things in mind. The first and most important thing is to keep yourself hydrated. As dehydration is one of the major causative reasons for kidney stones. Thus, make sure you take a lot of water throughout the day. If you take plenty of water, the stone will eventually pass into the urine.
Also, you need to pay a little attention to your diet. Unhealthy food is also a cause of kidney stones. Do not take processed foods, alcohol, energy drinks or soda. Eat plenty of fruits and fresh vegetables in your diet.
A kidney stone is a treatable disorder. It can be treated via medications. Sometimes, surgery is also indicated for the removal of kidney stones.
But, you need not worry if you are suffering from kidney stones as the home remedies mentioned in this article are very effective and easy to implement.
The ingredients that are mentioned in the home remedies can easily be found in any household. So, if you or any closed one encounter sudden and severe kidney stone pain, you need not rush here and there for the ingredients. Neither do you need to rush to a doctor? You just need to head to your kitchen, get the ingredients and use the home remedy to treat the kidney stones.